Rasa Vinyasa – Circular Prana Flow & Movement Alchemy
Rasa is the self tasting the Self – Sri Abhinavagupta
Rasa has many beautiful meanings: in the arts, rasa is the transforming “taste” that brings inner satisfaction to the beauty of dance, music or painting. Within yoga and Ayurveda, rasa is our “inner juice” associated with longevity, joy, devotion, and flexibility. Without rasa, it is said, our experience of yoga and life, becomes “dry, rigid, routine”.
Experience a full-spectrum yoga practice intensive into the art of Rasa – realization and sequencing to your life – integrating the essential understanding of embodying rasa from tantra, the arts and Ayurveda.
In this five-day teacher training, Shiva will offer the theory and practice of Rasa Vinyasa by exploring three consummate rasas: Vira (strength, potency), Sringara (divine love and sensuality) and Shanti (living peace).
We will experience the “fourth level” of prana flow (after foundation, elemental and chakra) that cultivates the power of alchemical yoga that is sequenced in harmony with the energetic state of the day for activation, healing and rejuvenation to bring balance and “juice” to your practice, teaching and life.
Areas of Focus Include:
- Rasa Prana Vinyasa – Yoga Alchemy within Tantra, Bhakti and Ayurveda
- Sringara Rasa visual powerpoint exploration inculding the sublime eros; the physiological and spiritual benefits of embodying the power of love
- Awakening Vira Rasa through introduction to Kalarippayatu (fluid martial art form in the tradition of CVN Kalari in Kerala) ]for inner and outer alignment.
- Learn Four Rasa Vinyasa namaskars with the dance of hands-on assists
- Explore Rasa Prana Flow Sequences to balance and evolve your practice:
- Sringara Prana Flow – a creative sadhana cultivates the fluid flow, Sringara Rasa Namaskars, transformational wave sequencing for backbending, and deep meditation/relaxation for the flow of love.
- Vira Prana Flow – an awakening of sacred strength, dynamic circular, evolutionary form combining standing asanas, arm-balances, standing poses and hip openers.
- Shanti Prana Flow – a meditative vinyasa for being peace cultivating a complete practice with ritual namaskars, mudra vinyasa, asanas of inner equilibrium: forward bends, hip openers leading to pranayama and meditation
- Meditation & Mudra for Vira, Sringara and Shanti Rasa
- Cultivation of Bhava (feeling awareness) to enter the natural ﬂow of yoga
- The Poetry in Motion – integration of inner teachings of poetry, music and rhythm in cultivating the “theme of the class
- Temple of Rasa – prana flow abhyanga massage and radical relaxation
- Sahaja Prana Flow and Yoga Trance Dance® - explore the roots of Sahaja and Rasa Vinyasa as a movement meditation
- The Dance of Shiva by Ananda Coomaraswami
Required Online Courses:
This course will give 30 hours towards 200/300 hour teacher training certification with Shiva Rea/Samudra Global School of Living Yoga.
Shiva Rea, global yoga teacher, energy activist, and movement alchemist has collaborated with musicians, DJ’s, and movers and shakers from around the world for positive change. As founder of Prana Vinyasa & Samudra Global School for Living Yoga, Shiva integrates the roots of vinyasa, yoga, Ayurveda and tantra in creative and life-transforming online courses, workshops, retreats and trainings. Her studies in the Krishnamacharya lineage, Kalarippayatu, world dance, yogic arts, and somatic movement infuse her approach to living yoga and embodying the flow.
Shiva has collaborated across many fields and is known for offering the synthesis form of Vinyasa Flow throughout the world, bringing the roots of yoga alive for modern practitioners in creative, dynamic, and life-transforming ways for over 25 years around the globe.
About Prana Vinyasa
Prana Vinyasa Flow, created by Shiva Rea, is a transformational system that offers a progression of full-spectrum vinyasa for beginners to experienced practitioners from the dynamic and positively challenging to rejuvenating. Integrating the roots of Yoga, Tantra, Ayurveda and Bhakti with evolutionary vinyasa, Prana Vinyasa is a synthesis Movement Alchemy system for living the flow of yoga.