Deepen Your Practice is a series of workshops to advance your knowledge in all things yoga. Here at InYoga we are committed to providing our community with opportunities to LIVE, KNOW, LOVE, A LIFE IN YOGA. If you are on an Awaken, Transform, or Lifestyle membership our Deepen Your Practice Series is complimentary.
Join this all levels workshop to learn about and rediscover the foundations of a flow yoga class. You will be guided through the main components of a flow class and learn how to deepen your practice from a steady base.
Saturday 16th June, 1:45pm- 3:45pm
Deepen Your Practice - Foundations of Flow - with Leanne Raab
Most vinyasa classes have a similar format and flavour. Join Leanne as she dissects different aspects of a vinyasa class, learning the essential foundations to keep your practice healthy and your body feeling great!
Understanding healthy alignment in the poses is important, but just as important is learning how to move effortlessly between all asanas, synchronising your movement with your breath, and engaging the essential muscles to support your movement. In this workshop, Leanne will guide you through foundational movements and transitions, and help you build your core awareness to create healthy movement. If you're newer to yoga, you'll get all the basics down. If you're more experienced, you'll learn the subtle 'micro-movements' that will have you gliding effortlessly as you flow.
Come along if you want to:
- Learn more about why we do what we do in yoga
- Deepen your understanding of healthy alignment and breath work
- Know when to listen to you body and modify poses
- Feel safe to build up your practice into more advanced postures
- Enhance your awareness of energy moving through the asanas
- Feel grounded and connected to a practice that is relevant to YOUR individual body needs
What to bring:
- A yoga mat (or hire one of ours for $2)
- A notebook and pen for those "a- ha" moments
- An open mind