Calling all yoga teachers! You are invited to participate in this in-depth training with global leaders in the field of meditation, Dr Lorin Roche and Camille Maurine (USA). This training is specifically designed for yoga teachers to discover valuable tools and techniques to incorporate meditation into their yoga teaching, or use it as a stand alone modality to enhance the well-being of their students.
Meditation has become mainstream in our western culture, with millions of people practicing some form of meditation daily. It's now well-known in the scientific and medical worlds that meditation is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle, for people to feel less stressed and more connected to what's important in life.
This training will include:
- The science and practice of meditation - meditation is a completely natural and instinctive capacity that every human has - understanding the body's innate regulatory function of rest and renewal is key.
- Recognizing spontaneity and rhythm - we all experience spontaneous meditative states, and a skilled meditation teacher will learn how to cooperate with their student's inner nature.
- The subtle senses - develop the ability to recognise and utilise the five senses as gateways into meditation
- Instinctive wisdom - recognising and honouring our powerful and innate wisdom for self-healing and self-evolving
- The five elements - meditation teachers need to be intimate with the five elements (Tattvas) of earth, water, fire, air and ether, as revealed by the five senses.
- Mandala of emotions - understand the full spectrum of emotions that make up a large part of everyone's meditative experience - one of the biggest challenges meditators face.
- Language and listening skills - meditation teachers need a new language to guide students into their inner world, and also require skills for effective communication and listening to their students' experience.
- Meditation techniques - there are literally thousands of techniques of meditation, and skill is required to find the right technique to suit individuals. The Radiance Sutras presents 112 different doorways into meditation to help you guide students to find what they love about meditation, and dive in.
- Meditation secrets for women - as women make up around 70% of yoga and meditation students, learning to vary your approach for teaching meditation to women will open up doorways to a radical understanding of how to relate to female students. Presented by Camille Maurine.
- The opportunity to meditate daily with acclaimed meditation teachers and authors, Dr Lorin Roche and Camille Maurine
- Daily morning asana practice to integrate asana and meditation with Nicole Walsh & Rod Galbraith
"In the modern West, there is a revolution underway, an awakening, such that yoga and meditation have become completely mainstream. The challenge now is to train enough meditation teachers to meet the need. It will be decades before there are enough skilled meditation teachers. Let's get to work."
~ Lorin Roche
Teacher Training Schedule from Monday 24th April to Friday 28th April
Monday 24th April 7:30pm - 9:30pm
Tuesday 25th April 7:00am - 5:45pm (includes morning yoga asana class and afternoon meditation class)
Wednesday 26th April 7:00am - 5:45pm (includes morning yoga asana class and afternoon meditation class)
Thursday 27th April 7:00am - 5:45pm (includes morning yoga asana class and afternoon meditation class)
Friday 28th April 7:00am - 4:00pm (includes morning yoga asana class)
About Lorin Roche
Dr. Lorin Roche was lucky enough to begin practicing asana, pranayama, and meditation in 1968. He was trained as a meditation teacher in 1969-1970 and has been sharing the delight ever since. Lorin is the author of Meditation Made Easy, Meditation Secrets for Women, and The Radiance Sutras. At the University of California at Irvine, his Master’s Degree work focused on the injuries and developmental crises provoked by meditation and opening the chakras; his Ph.D. research was on the language of inner experience in meditation - the way meditators describe their inner worlds. He lives in Marina del Rey with his yogini shaktini wife, Camille Maurine. Learn more about Lorin here.
About Camille Maurine
Camille Maurine is a meditation mentor, dancer, and writer internationally renowned for her integrative energy practices for women and innovative performance trainings. She is the author of the groundbreaking Meditation Secrets for Women and Meditation 24/7, both written with her husband, Dr. Lorin Roche. Camille gives global teleseminars and teacher trainings in feminine spiritual empowerment and embodiment, and travels worldwide to give performances, workshops, and retreats. Learn more about Camille here.
It is recommended that participants have completed (or are in the process of completing) a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training or similar qualification. If you are not a qualified yoga teacher, please contact us about your suitability for this course, and it will be assessed on an individual basis.
The Radiance Sutras, Dr Lorin Roche
*Please purchase a copy of The Radiance Sutras prior to the course, as there will be some personal work required as non-contact hours
Meditation Made Easy, Dr Lorin Roche
Meditation Secrets for Women, Dr Lorin Roche & Camille Maurine
This course will accrue 45 hours towards InYoga's 500-Hour Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Teacher Training.
This course will accrue 45 hours towards Radiance Sutras Meditation Teacher Training, a 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Meditation Teacher Training taught by Dr Lorin Roche & Camille Maurine. For more details on the full Radiance Sutras Teacher Training click here.