Become a Yoga Teacher and awaken your potential!
InYoga presents Yoga Teacher Training programs for aspiring and experienced yoga teachers, as well as for dedicated students. Deepen your practice, unlock and engage your potential on and off the yoga mat. Our unique programs offer a dynamic, integrative approach to the art of living and embodying yoga.
If you want to transform your own life, become empowered, and share the benefits of yoga with others, then our programs are for you!
InYoga's Teacher Training programs provide a foundation of practice and philosophy, giving students the tools to make lasting changes in their lives. We draw from the timeless teachings of Ayurveda, Tantra, Hatha and Raja Yoga, and blend this traditional information with Western science and a modern understanding of the human body and energy system.
The modern world is full of stress, and most people experience stress-related illnesses and issues to some degree. Many people are actively seeking ways to reduce stress and maintain optimum health that don't involve pills or prescriptions or surgery. This is probably why yoga has reached new heights of popularity in recent years - it's a well known fact that yoga is good for you!
The goal of yoga is simple: to remove the obstacles in our bodies and in our minds that block our natural flow of energy and limit us from reaching our highest potential. We do this by:
- Taking care of the physical body (our vehicle) through healthy movement (yoga asana), correct breathing (pranayama), nutrition and hydration;
- De-cluttering our minds of unproductive thoughts, limiting beliefs and attitudes through meditation;
- Creating better relationships with ourself, others and our natural environment through specific yogic knowledge.
Yoga is a complete system of wellbeing, and InYoga's Teacher Training programs will inspire you to take charge of your own physical, mental and emotional health through simple yet powerful practices. We acknowledge the traditional roots of yoga, and present the knowledge in an accessible and practical way, allowing you to embark upon your own journey of personal growth.
More than just a teacher training course, this process encourages you to be a living example of health and vitality, and from this solid foundation you will be able to share your experiences with others.
Why train with InYoga?
Our Teacher Training course and curriculum is designed and facilitated by Nicole Walsh, who has been teaching yoga since 2001 and training teachers since 2007.
InYoga’s Teacher Training Programs continue to evolve each year, keeping up with international standards and ensuring their graduating students receive high quality training that is delivered with integrity.
Nicole is joined by Rod Galbraith and a faculty of exceptionally qualified professionals, who are leaders in their chosen fields of yoga, meditation, anatomy and physiology, health and nutrition.
Recognition and support
As any professional will know, it's important for qualifications to be recognized by the associations that regulate their industry. That's why InYoga's teacher trainees will be able to register with both Yoga Alliance (www.yogaalliance.org) and Yoga Australia. After your teacher training is complete, membership with these organizations will ensure prospective customers will easily find you, and that you have an ongoing basis of support and professional recognition within the yoga industry.
For more information on membership benefits, go to:
Pathways to higher learning
We recognize that once you step on the path to becoming a yoga teacher, you embark on a life-changing journey of never-ending self-improvement. Our Teacher Training program consists of in-depth courses of 200, 350 and 500-hours, as well as modules for special interest and continuing professional development.
Foundational Vinyasa Teacher Training Level 1 - 200-hours
Whether you plan to teach yoga or want to develop your own personal practice, our Foundational Training is the first step towards deepening your study of yoga. We believe that yoga is for every body, and our focus is on creating healthy yoga practices that are transformational, empowering and rejuvenating.
Completion of this course will give you the ability to teach a well rounded and cohesive yoga class with skill, integrity and compassion. Upon completion, you will be able to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT-200, and with Yoga Australia as a Provisional Member. You'll be able to apply for Practitioner's Professional Indemnity insurance and start your teaching journey!
Part Time and Full Time Formats
Our emphasis is on offering practical and experiential studies that are in rhythm with our individual life situations, so our courses are designed to fit a busy schedule. We are pleased to offer two formats for the Foundational Training:
The Full Time course is a complete immersion into yogic lifestyle and studies. Ideal for those who enjoy an accelerated learning environment, this three-week residential program includes preparatory study and course-work, as well as assignment work which is due after the face-to-face training is complete.
The Part Time course is delivered over a five-month period, commencing with a seven-day residential retreat, followed by seven weekend immersions. This option makes the course accessible to those who have non-negotiable career, study or family commitments; or who prefer to absorb and integrate the study material over a longer period of time.
What you'll learn
- Teach yoga asana safely, effectively and with confidence
- Physical and energetic alignment and benefits of yoga asanas
- Modification of asanas for beginners and for a range of injuries
- How to give clear and simple instructions for maximum benefit
- Teaching methodology - key points for teaching beginners
- Principles for sequencing yoga asanas into intelligent routines
- Use of verbal cues, demonstration and hands-on-assisting
Anatomy and Physiology
- The systems of the body, with particular emphasis on the musculoskeletal system, nervous system, circulatory system and respiratory system
- How muscles and joints work in yoga
- Effects of yoga on the physical body, including specific benefits of yoga asanas
- Working with common injuries
Yogic Anatomy and Physiology
- Energetic effect of yoga on the body and nervous system (yin/yang)
- Prana and vayus (movement of energy through the body)
- Chakras (energy centres) and nadis (energy pathways)
- Koshas (layers of the energy body)
Yogic History and Philosophy
- The yogic model of Samkhya
- The roots of yoga - where it came from and how it has evolved over time
- Yoga's journey from its origin in India to the West
- Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, and applying these teachings to the life of a modern yogi
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika, an important yogic text
Pranayama and Meditation
- Practice simple yet powerful breathing techniques that help quiet the mind and increase life force
- Practice a variety of easy meditation techniques to quiet the mind and bring about a sense of calm
- Experience Yoga Nidra relaxation
Yogic Lifestyle and Wellness
- Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of healing body, mind and spirit
- A modern view of health, busting myths about diet and nutrition
- The yoga of eating
- Healing and sustaining energy through whole foods
Yoga Teacher Ethics and Life Skills
- The teacher-student relationship
- How to get started as a professional yoga teacher
- Voice in Yoga - freeing your natural voice for communication and expression
Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training Level 2 - 150-hours
After completing our Foundational 200-hour Training (or similar course with another Yoga Australia or Yoga Alliance Registered School), our Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training offers an additional 150 hours of study, giving you a total of 350 hours. This course allows participants the opportunity to evolve in their practice and personal growth, find their authentic voice, and nurture the inspirational teacher within. Dive into inspiring topics such as sequencing and theming, develop your speaking and presentation skills to take your teaching to the next level and connect to the hearts and minds of your students.
Through this unique program, you will also receive one-on-one guidance and feedback from Nicole and other faculty members.
Committing to this course will allow you to deepen and refine your teaching skills, giving you the ability to teach inspirational and progressive classes to a broad range of students.
Full Time Format
This course is offered over two consecutive weeks, and includes a six-day “urban retreat” at InYoga studio in Sydney, followed seven-day residential retreat.
We are committed to providing excellence in teacher training, and our goal is to cultivate yoga teachers who not only have a sound base of knowledge of system of yoga, but who are also able to convey that knowledge with compassion, wisdom and enthusiasm. Although it is not mandatory, we highly recommend students enroll in the Level 1 and 2 courses and attain 350 hours of training within one year.
What you'll learn
- Safely and effectively teach intermediate and advanced asanas, including arm balances and inversions
- How to progress students through the various kramas (stages) to reach more advanced asanas
- The art of alignment - how to teach alignment through hands on adjusting
- Advanced sequencing
- Class theming for transformational vinyasa practice
- Pre-Natal yoga for the classroom – how to take care of pregnant students in an open class situation
- Living Sadhana, developing a personal practice
Anatomy and Physiology
- A deeper understanding of the effect of yoga on the physical body
- The nature of injuries and how to apply therapeutic techniques for healing
- The Radiance Sutras
- Weave yoga philosophy into your teaching in an authentic way
Pranayama, Mudras and Meditation
- Techniques for teaching pranayama and meditation
- Teach Yoga Nidra relaxation
- Mudras to experience more subtlety in practice
- Language to inspire and uplift
- Voice in yoga - use the power of voice to connect to the hearts and minds of your students
Yoga Teacher Ethics and Life Skills
- Clarify and refine your teaching goals and aspirations through feedback and one-on-one mentoring
- Learn techniques to improve your traction and achieve your professional goals as a yoga teacher
Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training ModulesLevel 3 - Modules
InYoga's Advanced Teacher Training Modules are for teachers who are looking to elevate their teaching to a higher level through ongoing yogic studies. Continue to be inspired on your teaching journey by immersing yourself in module-based courses that cover a variety of topics, spanning all aspects of yoga.
For teachers who have already begun their teacher training journey towards 350 or 500 of study with InYoga (or through another Yoga Alliance recognized school), our selection of training modules will see your 500-hour training through to completion, enhance your teaching skills and give you the boost of encouragement you need to stay fresh and inspired.
Alternatively, these modules can be taken to accrue annual CPD points for Yoga Australia members (12 points per year required), or continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance (30 hours every three years).
Modules are also available to those who wish to take them as special interest courses to deepen their own practice. Modules are facilitated by InYoga's talented team of facilitators, as well as highly recognized Australian and international teachers who are all leaders in their field.
- The Art of Alignment & Hands-on Assisting
- The Science of Sequencing
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- Yoga Philosophy
- Meditation Teacher Training
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Studies
- Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training
- Teacher Mentorship
- The Business of Yoga